Wednesday, August 13, 2008

taking a break

I'm headed to Utah, again. I feel like I just left, but I am still really looking forward to going. After losing Neva, I am extra appreciative of my family, and my friends. Especially the ones I don't get to see very often.

Peri is getting married on Saturday, which is the whole reason for my trip. Her dress is SO amazing, I can't wait to see her in it. I did her make-up for her bridal photo's a few weeks ago, and the pictures turned out awesome. She is so pretty! I am so lucky to have her here in Denver with me, and have her as my best friend. It's crazy to think of the good ol days at PMTS and Cosmo. When I decided to move to Denver and she brought up coming with, I never in a million years thought she'd actually come. Now a year and a half later, not only did she end up in Denver, but met her fiance here. Totally nuts! Tomorrow night we're going to dinner at Baja Cantina in Park City and having a sleepover at a condo up there. I'm excited! Then the wedding is Saturday morning in the Salt Lake Temple, and the reception is that night in Oakley.

This will definitely be a much needed break. The salon is semi back to normal, or as normal as it can be right now. I'm still having a hard time, but the water works have slowed to a trickle. We have started a fund for a scholarship in her name, and her clients are being so generous. Even people that didn't know Neva. It's cool to see everyone come together over such an amazing person. Here is an article printed in Sunday's paper.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_10146118

1 comment:

Kristin Moore said...

Hey I just found your blog a little while ago..it is fun to see how your doing!

I am truely sorry about yor sweet friend. It's a little bizzare for me I came across some random blog a little over a month ago www.dbkunz.blogspot.com and I have been engulfed since her little boy died (she gives some great insite), but then I find yours..I am a little scared. I ponder whether it's for me to be grateful for my beautiful family or something else?? I hope it's the first one. But it is amazing what you take for granted when it's gone??

Anyway I hope you have a fun time in Utah seeing your family!
Take care! :)