Happy Mother's Day! I hope everyone is able to appreciate their own mom today, and will continue to do so for the next year. I am going to snag Jacque's fabulous idea and tell you 25 things about my mom.
1. She is an amazing cook. She makes delicious homemade bread, lasagna, chicken spaghetti, cakes, Christmas treats, and THE best peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches.
2. She likes to camp and fish.
3. She loves limeades.
4. In Texas when people would call and talk to her on the phone forever, she would have us ring the doorbell so she could pretend she had to go. The door we used to enter/exit the house didn't have a doorbell, but whoever was on the phone never seemed to make that connection.
5. She works as a Special Education teacher, and is very passionate about giving those kids a great education, and great environment to learn.
6. She isn't afraid of PDA, "No making out in the kitchen Mom!"
7. She tries hard not to hurt your feelings me: Mom, how do you like my new hair cut? mom: Ummm... well.. what look are you going for?
8. She is afraid of heights, and I have inherited that same quality.
9. She loves babies and kids. And they love her too.
10. She is good at planning stuff. Everything has to have a plan, and she's great at delegating it.
11. In highschool she didn't care if I skipped classes as long as I had A's.
12. She is sensitive to all of her kids different needs and wants.
13. She has style. She tries hard to do her hair like I do it, and doesn't use cheap make-up.
14. She is madly, hopelessly, in love with her husband.
15. She loves playing games. Canasta, Mad Gab, The Fruit Game, Poker.. Even is some of them make her look silly.
16. She likes everyone to be included, and goes out of her way to make sure no one is left out.
17. When I was little she would pay me money to rub her feet and play with her hair. She had this red round brush that would always get tangled in her hair.
18. She went to BYU (twice) but is a huge U of U football fan.
19. She doesn't really like cereal, but when I was little she would eat this cereal called Raisin Squares. I loved it too, and still put raisins in my shredded wheat cereal.
20. When we lived in Texas she loved garage sales, and had several of them at our house.
21. She always wanted a house that had a wrap around porch, and a cocker spaniel. No porch yet, but when she and Eric got married he had a cocker spaniel named Dennis.
22. She used to take us to Longview shopping ALL day long on Saturdays. We got to go to the mall, Target, and Sam's club. Such a treat.
23. She stayed up late checking my math homework for me all during elementary school.
and for my 2 favorite things about my mom...
24. She LOVES getting good deals. If you tell her you like her shirt, she tells you where she got it and how much it costs. She loved coupons when I wad little. She loves the clearance racks. I make fun of her for this, but have inherited that same quality from her.
25. She is the most giving person I know. As busy as she was when I was little, she volunteered in my classroom. She helped out people in our ward that didn't have money. She bought me stuff when I complained that I always got me hand me downs, even when we didn't have the money. She is always happy to give to someone else, because she knows that there are always people that are worse off.
I love you Mom! Thanks for all that you do for me, you are the best mom ever!!