Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009

Christmas came and went and I didn't even tell you all about it. Mostly because if you read this, I probably shared part of the holiday with you. I love being able to see my family, and I even enjoy being able to do their hair for them (despite of complaining about it). I really enjoyed spending time with loved ones, and catching up with old friends. I guess I will be back in a few short months of Chase's farewell... and then I am vowing to take a break from Utah. I need real vacation, so you will all have to come see me until I can't handle my Cafe Rio cravings anymore.

The new year is here, and I love that it is an opportunity for new beginnings. I am great at making and keeping goals, but my only resolution this year was to work on keeping my goals. So rather than making year long resolutions, I made a lot of short term progressive goals.

I'm not going to lie, 2008 was tough and I'm not sad to see it go. Some great things came out of the year- Harper being born, some weddings, Victoria moving in, work going well... I definitely recognize all of the many blessings that I received. But it was definitely the most trying year I've had. I had a lot of challenges that I still don't really know how I moved through. I made some stupid decisions, I had friends make stupid decisions, and here I am trying to move through the rubble and have a postiive attitude. I am a firm believer that the harder the trial, the greater the lesson. Wow, what amazing things I learned last year. In 5th grade I grew from 5'1" to 5'7". 6 inches in about 9 months. Talk about about growing pains. That was 2008 for me in the emotional sense.

I am vowing to make 2009 a great year. I am so lucky to have amazing people in my life. I am not worrying about people that don't worry about me. I met a friend a few months ago who told me he only had a few friends, but those friends were people he'd do anything for- and would do the same for him. I was talking to him right before Christmas and told him that I've realized how much I envy that. I would like to think that I would do ANYTHING for any of my friends, but I wasted a lot of time in 2008 that would certainly not do the same for me. Here's to strong relationships, real friends, and an amazing family.

1 comment:

Melody said...

We have enjoyed watching you grow into such an amazing person. You are right, your life hasn't always been easy, but it has made you who you are today. We are so proud of you! We love you!

Mom and Eric